CIP offers a great opportunity to volunteer. You can choose from a variety of roles, some short-term some longer! CIP is a volunteer-led organization. Volunteers play a crucial role in accomplishing the mission of CIP Chicago – promoting global peace and cross-cultural understanding. You may serve for a day, assist with one specific, one-time event or an ongoing basis.
Below is a sample listing of some volunteer events:
- Receive the visiting professional at the airport, offer ride to his/her host family, take him/her on a tour of the city or your own neighborhood, have lunch, afternoon tea or dinner with one or more of the visiting professional(s). Such sharing can be mutually very enriching an experience!
- Help us by reaching out to professionals abroad and inform them of work-based training opportunities in the U.S.
- Reach out to local businesses, nonprofits and government agencies offering them the services of highly qualified professionals from abroad>
- Promote our institution and its services through social media and other ways of marketing and public relations>
- Write press releases or help us with our newsletter>
- IT services and web design
- Serve as a Host Family or/and Inform other families of the opportunity to host a professional from abroad for 2-4 weeks>
- Help us organize a get-together for current host families and international trainees!
- Help with some administrative support and in-office staff assistance
- Organize a special event, like a wine-tasting, host family appreciation
- Serve on a committee – Examples include membership, corporate sponsorship, public relations, host family, newsletter
- And several other opportunities!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE U.S. TO VOLUNTEER. Tasks such as identifying professionals from different countries interested in working in the US as trainees, helping with the web page or with social media etc. can be done from almost anywhere.