Work-Based Training Opportunity in Chicago, USA
The Council of International Programs in Chicago (CIP Chicago) has a work-based training opportunity for a human services professional with a degree in social work (preferred), education, or psychology. This is a 12-month position designed to inform, educate, and support the beneficiaries of various services that a family service agency offers in the Northfield suburb of Chicago. The selected candidate will:
- Reach out to the Spanish-speaking communities and other stakeholders, such as schools, government, and other agencies, and develop relationships for a better understanding of community needs & priorities.
- Adapt and develop new materials that are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Establish practices and procedures for Spanish-speaking counseling clients.
- Attend and/or create community outreach events to connect with the local Spanish-speaking communities.
- Schedule and lead educational programming in-person, remote, or in a pre-recorded manner to have the greatest impact to support mental wellness.
- Develop ways to understand and track the impact of the program.
The applicant needs to have basic speaking and writing skills in English. Selected individual will receive $1,800 per month for housing, food, local travel, insurance, etc. If interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
[An international exchange opportunity, this is open to individuals from outside the U.S. CIP shall sponsor the J-1 Exchange visa.]
For additional information,
Dr. George Palamattam, Executive Director, email@example.com, +1 312 545 6882 (WhatsApp)